Celtics raise over $150,000 in charity golf tournament
|09.18.09 at 12:40 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics teed off for charity before they tipped off the regular season.
On Thursday current and former players along with members of the organization raised over $150,000 in the Shamrock Foundation’s second annual USI Shamrock Classic, presented by Consolidated Printing, at Nashawtuc Country Club in Concord, MA.
Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Brian Scalabrine, Bill Walker, and J.R. Giddens, head coach Doc Rivers, and President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge were among those who participated. They were joined by former Celtics Tommy Heinsohn, Bob Cousy and Dana Barros, as well as co-owners Wyc Grousbeck, Stephen Pagliuca, and Bob Epstein.
“It was a great day at Nashawtuc and even better day for the many children who are supported by the Shamrock Foundation,” Pagliuca said in a team statement. “We are very thankful to our sponsors and donors who supported this event. This support means even more in today’s tough economy.”
Allen added, “My teammates and I enjoyed playing golf to aid these wonderful charities. Thank you to everyone that contributed to the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation.”
All proceeds from the event, which included a live and silent auction, went toward the to the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation, benefiting Perkins School for the Blind, Boston Children’s, Horizons for Homeless Children, the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC), and Berklee College of Music.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...