Former Celtic West arrested on weapons charges
|09.18.09 at 3:39 pm ET|
Former Boston Celtics guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday night in Maryland for weapons possession, according to the Plain Dealer Reporter:
“According to the police report, West was charged with at least two counts of handgun on person, and for driving the vehicle in excess of reasonable and prudent speed. He was pulled over on his motorcycle in Upper Marlboro, Md. on I-495.
WUSA, a television station in Washington D.C., reported that West was pulled over at 10 p.m. Thursday for making an unsafe lane change on his motorcycle. The station reported that police said West had two handguns and a shotgun in his possession and was arrested.“
The Plain Dealer reported West was released and is scheduled for a court appearance on November 20.
West was drafted by the Celtics with the 24th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Seattle SuperSonics as part of the Ray Allen deal before being dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Last season he averaged 11.7 points and 3.5 assists for the Cavs.
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown