Former Celtic West arrested on weapons charges
|09.18.09 at 3:39 pm ET|
“According to the police report, West was charged with at least two counts of handgun on person, and for driving the vehicle in excess of reasonable and prudent speed. He was pulled over on his motorcycle in Upper Marlboro, Md. on I-495.
WUSA, a television station in Washington D.C., reported that West was pulled over at 10 p.m. Thursday for making an unsafe lane change on his motorcycle. The station reported that police said West had two handguns and a shotgun in his possession and was arrested.“
The Plain Dealer reported West was released and is scheduled for a court appearance on November 20.
West was drafted by the Celtics with the 24th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Seattle SuperSonics as part of the Ray Allen deal before being dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Last season he averaged 11.7 points and 3.5 assists for the Cavs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?