|KG: I’m ready to go||09.28.09 at 5:13 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Kevin Garnett pronounced himself ready for the 2009-10 season during media day for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
“I’m refreshed and ready to go. 5 on 5 starts tomorrow and I’ll be ready,” said Garnett, who is back after summer surgery to repair bone spurs behind his right knee.
“There are no restrictions,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers added. “Right now we have no medical restrictions on any player”.
The team left at 4:30 Monday afternoon for Salve Regina University, where they will begin training camp on Tuesday. Celtics captain Paul Pierce said that Garnett looked ready to go from what he saw of him during an informal 5-on-5 pickup game last week.
“It was like a breath of fresh air,” Pierce said.
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon