KG: I’m ready to go
|09.28.09 at 5:13 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Kevin Garnett pronounced himself ready for the 2009-10 season during media day for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
“I’m refreshed and ready to go. 5 on 5 starts tomorrow and I’ll be ready,” said Garnett, who is back after summer surgery to repair bone spurs behind his right knee.
“There are no restrictions,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers added. “Right now we have no medical restrictions on any player”.
The team left at 4:30 Monday afternoon for Salve Regina University, where they will begin training camp on Tuesday. Celtics captain Paul Pierce said that Garnett looked ready to go from what he saw of him during an informal 5-on-5 pickup game last week.
“It was like a breath of fresh air,” Pierce said.
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...