Report: Walker out 6-8 Weeks
|10.01.09 at 3:56 pm ET|
Bill Walker will miss 6-8 weeks with a torn meniscus in his right knee, according to multiple media outlets from Celtics Training Camp. Celtics.com reported he will have surgery on Friday morning at New England Baptist Hospital.
‘Billy did have an MRI and it’s not good news,’ the Boston Herald quoted Doc Rivers. ‘It’s a meniscus tear, so he’s going to have surgery on Friday it looks like, and he’ll be out six to eight weeks. For him you feel bad because he’s had, what, three or four or five surgeries. It’s just a bum break for him. It really is. But that’s part of all this stuff, I guess, and he’s becoming an expert at handling it. He’s obviously down about it.’
Walker left Training Camp in Newport, RI on Wednesday with a sore knee and returned to Boston for an MRI. The second-year forward has already undergone procedures on both knees.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...