|Report: Walker out 6-8 Weeks||10.01.09 at 3:56 pm ET|
Bill Walker will miss 6-8 weeks with a torn meniscus in his right knee, according to multiple media outlets from Celtics Training Camp. Celtics.com reported he will have surgery on Friday morning at New England Baptist Hospital.
“Billy did have an MRI and it’s not good news,” the Boston Herald quoted Doc Rivers. “It’s a meniscus tear, so he’s going to have surgery on Friday it looks like, and he’ll be out six to eight weeks. For him you feel bad because he’s had, what, three or four or five surgeries. It’s just a bum break for him. It really is. But that’s part of all this stuff, I guess, and he’s becoming an expert at handling it. He’s obviously down about it.”
Walker left Training Camp in Newport, RI on Wednesday with a sore knee and returned to Boston for an MRI. The second-year forward has already undergone procedures on both knees.
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors