Garnett clarifies knee injury
|10.04.09 at 11:05 pm ET|
A week into the Celtics Training Camp, Kevin Garnett cleared the air about his knee injury which had kept him off the court since last season.
“I don’t have any knee problems. I don’t have any knee problems,” the Boston Globe quoted Garnett saying on Saturday. “I’m not trying to get in depth with my injury and all that but the things are bothering me are secondary and not even primary. So I’m excited about that because it’s nothing be strengthening the knee and playing again. You gotta remember, I have been out since what, March? I haven’t done anything since then. I have just been rehabbing, strengthening. Nothing simulates basketball play. The pounding, the churning, the reactions, the stuff you have to react to in games you can’t get that in trying to that with the rehab and the trainers and all that other stuff.”
Garnett admitted last week during Media Day that he was still struggling with his energy level and is working toward reaching the condition he was in prior to his injury. That being said, he is still optimistic about his recovery.
“I feel really good,” he said. “I wouldn’t (BS) you guys if I was hurting, I would tell you. I’m pretty straight up with everything that’s going on with me. I feel good. I’m excited about how we are and I’m just trying to get my part together to make sure I’m ready for when we need to be like we need to be.”
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98