Rivers: “I think Rajon Rondo will be a lifetime Celtic”
|10.06.09 at 11:25 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics have until the end of the month to decide whether to extend Rajon Rondo‘s contract or let the point guard become a restricted free agent next summer. Doc Rivers, however, has a strong feeling Rondo will be back … for a while.
On Tuesday he told WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan Show:
“I think Rajon Rondo will be a lifetime Celtic. I really do. I think this process he’s gone through is the process all players go through at times. The maturity process is another thing that all players go through. I don’t think he’s behind in that department at all. I just think he’s young and he’s growing. So, I never had a black mark against him. For maturity issues, that’s part of his process of growing up, and he’s doing that. He’s been as good as anyone. In camp thus far he’s doing everything we ask him to do ‘ and he usually does. I would be very surprised if he’s not a lifetime Celtic.”
Click here for a complete transcript of Rivers’ interview.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...