NBA GMs Pick Celtics as Best Defensive Team
|10.07.09 at 11:29 am ET|
A survey of NBA General Managers on NBA.com revealed the more than 60 percent of the execs believe the Los Angeles Lakers will win it all again this season. That doesn’t mean, though, the Boston Celtics were not recognized.
The Cs were predicted to win the Eastern Conference, earning 50 percent of the votes. They also received 100 percent of votes to win the Atlantic Division.
Over 60 percent of GMs selected the Celtics as the best defensive team in the 2009-10 season. Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo each received votes for individual defensive categories. Rondo tied Kobe Bryant with the most votes for best ball-on-ball defender.
Best defensive team:
San Antonio 32.1%
L.A. Lakers 7.1%
Best on-the-ball defender:
Rajon Rondo, Boston 25.0%
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 25.0%
Ron Artest, L.A. Lakers 17.9%
Best interior defender:
Dwight Howard, Orlando 64.3%
Kevin Garnett, Boston 32.1%
Best perimeter defender:
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 34.5%
Shane Battier, Houston 24.1%
Ron Artest, L.A. Lakers 20.7%
Rajon Rondo, Boston 6.9%
Click here for complete results on NBA.com. General Managers were not allowed to vote for their own team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason