Doc: ‘KG has zero knee pain’
|10.09.09 at 7:02 pm ET|
“He’s healthy. He has zero knee pain, but he does have shin splints and aches and all that stuff,” Rivers said. “So, you’ve got to watch that, especially during preseason.”
Rivers noted that while he is cautiously limiting Garnett’s playing time, he hopes to keep him on the court for more consecutive minutes. Garnett played 13 minutes on Wednesday’s game against the Rockets. He scored six points and grabbed five rebounds.
“What I’m trying to [do is get] him back to his playing normal minutes in a game, and he hasn’t done that since he’s gone out. And that’s been a long time,” Rivers said. ” So, what we’re trying to do, and I thought actually he didn’t play enough minutes in some ways in the first game in a row, and so we’re going to try to correct that and then build from there.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?