On Tuesday night, the Celtics  overcame a 14-point deficit to defeat the Nets , 91-88, in Newark, N.J., during preseason action (recap here ). With Paul Pierce , Kevin Garnett , and Ray Allen  getting the night off, the Cs were propelled by Rajon Rondo  and the reserves.
- Rondo led the Cs with 18 points, 13 assists, and nine rebounds in 40 minutes. This is in contrast to Sunday’s game against the Nets  when he posted eight points, three assists and two rebounds in 26 minutes.
- Rasheed Wallace  (20 points, 9 rebounds, 25 minutes) was the Celtics ‘ driving force in the first half. However, he rolled his right ankle in the third quarter and eventually left the game. Doc Rivers  told the media he considers the injury to be mild.
- Eddie House  demonstrated his tenacious intensity by fighting for loose balls, forcing jump balls and hitting clutch shots, including a go-ahead jumper with 34 seconds left. He finished the night with 14 points.
- Glen Davis  continued to knock down his mid-range jumper en route to 18 points. The Celtics were a game-high plus-12 with Davis on the court.
- J.R. Giddens , whose talent only had been showcased in the D-League, played his best NBA game. He grabbed 13 rebounds and scored seven points.
- Marquis Daniels  started the game but left after 15 minutes with a stomach bug.
The Celtics will travel to Hartford to take on the Raptors  on Wednesday night.