Doc: ‘I like where we’re at
|10.17.09 at 2:45 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Celtics coach Doc Rivers sounded a very optimistic tone following Saturday’s practice in Waltham, 10 days before the team’s season opener in Cleveland.
“For us, it’s just getting better with continuity on both ends, working on all the little things. I like where we’re at, honestly. I like our team. The answer to ‘Are you ready to play the first game?’ You don’t know that until you play it. You think you are all the time but I do like where our team is at,” Rivers said.
“This group to me, the first unit is playing fantastic. [Rajon] Rondo has been absolutely fantastic and Kevin [Garnett] is coming along and everybody is playing well.”
The Celtics are 4-1 in preseason and play in Toronto on Sunday in the sixth of eight preseason games.
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...