Horford Tweets: ‘I do not bet on basketball’
|10.22.09 at 9:44 am ET|
Hawks center Al Horford took to the Twitter to tell his followers that he was joking about making a wager with Paul Pierce for $10,000 during the 2008 playoffs and that he doesn’t bet on hoops, or any other sport for that matter.
Horford caused a mini controversy earlier in the week after an appearance on an Atlanta sports talk show with teammate Marvin Williams in which he said that Pierce bet him $10,000 that the Hawks wouldn’t win a game during their first round series with the Celtics.
On Wednesday, Horford posted two comments on Twitter:
“Some of my comments from the radio interview I did yesterday with 790 the zone were overblown. I was joking.”
“Paul Pierce and I did not make a bet during the playoffs in 2008. I do not bet on basketball or any other sports.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?