Doc invokes no talking rule at practice
|10.24.09 at 4:16 pm ET|
‘I just told everybody today that they were too loud and so I said we’re going to have a non-talk practice for the next half hour,’ he explained.
The rule, however, turned out to be difficult to enforce. The players joked that Rivers was running a communist practice and had a hard time following along with the temporary restriction.
‘That’s a little thing that Doc feels as though that once we get to talking smack to each other here in practice that we lose our focus. But the intensity’s there, but we lose our focus,’ said Rasheed Wallace. ‘On some plays he’s right but I think that’s just the character of some of the guys here in the gym. But hey, if that’s what Doc wants, we’ve got to try to do that. We’ve got to try to talk a little more quietly, that’s all.’
Even though Rivers knew the rule would be broken, he felt it was important to make the point.
‘Have you ever seen our guys quiet? That’s what was so amazing. They were saying they couldn’t talk yet everybody was talking,’ River said with a laugh, later adding, ‘There’s no such thing [silence] with this team. This is a very verbal team, which is a good thing actually, but sometimes we want to make sure we keep it under control.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason