Family affair between Cavs and Celts
|10.27.09 at 2:26 pm ET|
CLEVELAND – It will be brother-in-law against brother-in-law when Shelden Williams’ Celtics go up against Anthony Parker’s Cavaliers tonight on the shores of Lake Erie.
Williams is married to Parker’s sister Candace Parker, a hoops star in her own right. Candace is a star for the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks.
“It’s all business,” Anthony Parker said. “I’ve competed against friends, maybe not family, before and yeah, you want to have bragging rights and it’s fun to go through that but we’ve played against each other so this is nothing new.”
Parker played in Toronto for the last three seasons before joining Cleveland this season while Williams has played for Atlanta, Sacramento and Minnesota over that same time frame.
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9