Shaq on Baby: ‘He’ll be back more focused’
|10.27.09 at 1:28 pm ET|
CLEVELAND — Cavaliers superstar center Shaquille O’Neal was asked about his friend Glen Davis, who did not make the trip to Cleveland for the season opener Tuesday night because of a reported broken bone in his right hand following a fight with a former LSU teammate on Sunday night.
“Well they call him Big Baby for a reason, he’s my son,” joked O’Neal, who like Davis starred in basketball at Louisiana State. “A lot of people don’t know that. He’s a great player. I’ve known him since he was a youngster.
“He works hard, has been working hard on his game. It’s an unfortunate incident but one thing about him is he’s a focused individual so he realizes he may have made a mistake so he’ll come back more focused than ever.”
The Cavaliers held a brief shootaround at Quicken Loans Arena on Tuesday morning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?