Source: Davis Out 6-8 Weeks Following Surgery
|10.27.09 at 2:49 pm ET|
According to an NBA source, Celtics forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis underwent successful surgery on his right hand on Tuesday, and will now be out for six to eight weeks. Davis reportedly suffered the injury in a fight with a former college teammate. Davis re-signed with the Celtics this offseason on a two-year deal worth approximately $6 million deal.
In an interview with The Big Show on Tuesday afternoon, Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck confirmed that Davis suffered a broken thumb. Though he did not give a specific timetable for the forward’s return, he did suggest that such injuries “are usually not season-threatening. … It’s a broken thumb. I don’t think it’s going to be that long.”
Grousbeck did say that the team expected to “suspend or fine” Davis. Noting that the 23-year-old will be out for some time, Grousbeck suggested that the Celtics planned to sit down with the player and determine an appropriate punishment.
“I think we’re going to ask him to chip in,” said Grousbeck.
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...