Source: Rondo, Celts $10 million-$15 million apart
|10.27.09 at 1:42 am ET|
A source close to the situation has told Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com that the Celtics offered point guard Rajon Rondo a contract extension worth five years and $45 million, with Rondo’s representatives asking for between $55 million-$60 million over the same number of years. The Celtics presented their offer to Rondo’s reps in a meeting, Monday night. Rondo is eligible to become a restricted free agent at the end of the 2009-10 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...