Source: Rondo, Celts $10 million-$15 million apart
|10.27.09 at 1:42 am ET|
A source close to the situation has told Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com that the Celtics offered point guard Rajon Rondo a contract extension worth five years and $45 million, with Rondo’s representatives asking for between $55 million-$60 million over the same number of years. The Celtics presented their offer to Rondo’s reps in a meeting, Monday night. Rondo is eligible to become a restricted free agent at the end of the 2009-10 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries