West ‘doubtful’ for tonight vs. Celtics
|10.27.09 at 12:58 pm ET|
CLEVELAND — Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said Tuesday that troubled shooting guard Delonte West is ‘doubtful’ for tonight’s season opener against the Celtics after he got into an alleged domestic dispute with his newlywed wife over the weekend in Cleveland.
A Cleveland TV station first reported that the former Celtic and his wife got into an argument at their apartment prior to a domestic violence report being filed at Cleveland’s Hopkins Airport.
This latest troubling news comes just a month after he was arrested for carrying three loaded guns on his motorcycle.
“Right now, we have a support system for him off the floor,” said Brown, who is conferring with general manager Danny Ferry. “I’m just waiting for them to give the okay. When Danny [Ferry] tells me he can play, he’ll play.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...