Rondo deadline extended to Monday
|10.29.09 at 9:23 pm ET|
ESPN’s Marc Stein is reporting that the NBA has extended the deadline to sign players from the 2006 draft class to a contract extension to Monday, meaning the Celtics have until then to re-sign Rajon Rondo. Per Stein, the NBA moved the deadline to be in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Thebo Sefolosaha was the fourth player from the class to sign an extension, joining Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Andrea Bargnani. Rondo is by far the best player from that class who hasn’t worked out an extension.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?