Rondo deadline extended to Monday
|10.29.09 at 9:23 pm ET|
ESPN’s Marc Stein is reporting that the NBA has extended the deadline to sign players from the 2006 draft class to a contract extension to Monday, meaning the Celtics have until then to re-sign Rajon Rondo. Per Stein, the NBA moved the deadline to be in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Thebo Sefolosaha was the fourth player from the class to sign an extension, joining Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Andrea Bargnani. Rondo is by far the best player from that class who hasn’t worked out an extension.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...