No suspension for Glen Davis
|10.30.09 at 8:09 pm ET|
Saying he wants Glen Davis around the team at practice and in meetings, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge announced before Friday’s game that the forward will not be suspended for his actions that resulted in a fractured thumb two days before the season opener.
“We have decided, as an organization, not to suspend Glen. We’ve levied a fine against him. We want him around the team, we want him with the team on the road. This was an unfortunate incident. Glen has apologized to owners and teammates and coaches and fans and everybody and it’s just time to move forward and put it behind us.”
Ainge had indicated 30 minutes before the season opener on Tuesday in Cleveland that Davis was being suspended, after owner Wyc Grousbeck indicated a suspension was “very likely.”
More from Ainge:
On why Davis was not suspended: ‘We want him around and he’s part of the team. And we have that option to either have him around or suspend him and not have him around and so its pretty simple. Glen is well liked by his teammates and I think the better chance of him coming back and being prepared to play when he’s healthy is being with the team..’
On whether he thinks Davis is still think out for 6 weeks: ‘Yeah we’re looking at six weeks, fast healer, maybe five.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason