|All-Star love for Celtics||11.10.09 at 4:39 pm ET|
WALTHAM – The Celtics are regarded as one of the deepest teams in the NBA. That depth is well-represented as they placed six players on the NBA All-Star ballot that was released on Tuesday by the league.
Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo are the guards. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are on the ballot as forwards and Kendrick Perkins and Rasheed Wallace are on the Eastern ballot as centers.
The Celtics are the only team in the NBA with two centers on the ballot. The 2010 NBA All-Star Game will be played at brand new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington before an expected crowd of over 80,000 on Sunday, Feb. 14. That will be the largest group ever to see a live basketball game in the world.
The 120 players on the ballot – 60 from each conference – were chosen by a panel of six media members who cover the league on a regular basis.
Balloting will continue through Jan. 18.
- NBA Draft Combine observations
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?