Fast Break: Celtics – Jazz
|11.11.09 at 9:51 pm ET|
On Wednesday, the Celtics never trailed as they defeated the Jazz 105-86 in Boston. The Cs ended the first quarter up five and pushed the lead to 10 at halftime. They blew it open in the third quarter and went up 22 before closing it out by 19.
Player of the game: All five of the Celtics starters were in double digits by the end of the third quarter, but it was Kevin Garnett who set the pace early on. Garnett was more dangerous outside of the paint, where he spread the floor and kept the Jazz looking confused on defense. He finished the night with 18 points off of 7-for-10 shooting from the field, one of his best performances of the season.
Turning point: Even though the Celtics never trailed, the Jazz hung in the game during the first half. Then the Celtics put them away in the third on a single possession ‘ Rondo to Allen, Allen to Perkins, Perkins behind the back to Garnett, Garnett back to Rondo for the lay-in. The play exemplified the Celtics’ total team effort that led to the blowout win.
– The Jazz failed to make a single three-pointer the entire game (0/10 3PG). The Celtics shot 7-for-19. Paul Pierce opened the third with two quick treys to push the lead up to 14. Ray Allen connected on just one three-pointer for the third time this season.
– Rajon Rondo finished the game with 11 assists. Jazz guards Deron Williams and Ronnie Brewer combined for seven.
– Turnovers played a major role in this game. The Jazz gave up 25 points off of 21 while the Celtics gave up 16 points off of 15 turnovers. This led to the Celtics taking a 10-point advantage on the fast break.
– Bill Walker made his first appearance of the regular season with 2:07 to go.
– Garnett celebrated with Gino ‘ and a Gino look-alike ‘ with five minutes left in the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason