Fast Break: Celtics – Magic
|11.20.09 at 10:47 pm ET|
BOSTON – It took less than three minutes for the Celtics to lose control over the Magic on Friday night. After going up 6-5 with 9:43 left in the first quarter, the Celtics never regained the lead in their 83-78 loss.
Player of the Game: Vince Carter led the Magic with 26 points. He shot 10-for-29 from the field and attempted the same amount of shots as Ray Allen and Paul Pierce combined.
Turning Point of the Game: Rasheed Wallace tied the game at 78 apiece late in the fourth quarter but that was as close as the Celtics would get. Carter drained a jumper to push the lead back up to two and the Magic held on to the game at the line.
-Wallace shot 0-for-8 from three-point range. The Celtics as a team shot 2-for-19. The Magic on the other hand shot 10-for-22.
- Dwight Howard averaged 16.8 points, 15.5 rebounds, and 4.0 blocks against the Celtics last season. Tonight he posted 9 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 blocks. His 15 boards were the most the Celtics allowed to one player all season.
- The first half was a tale of two quarters. The Celtics scored season-low 13 points in first quarter. Their previous low was 18 points against the Nets. They gave up a season high-tying 29 points to the Magic, which they also gave up to the Suns. In the second quarter the Celtics outscored the Magic 27-14, one point shy of their season high (28 points against Jazz).
- With this loss the Celtics fell to 1-3 on Fridays, their worst daily record.
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...