|Celtics Community Roundup||11.23.09 at 12:06 am ET|
The Celtics stay involved in the community year-round and are beginning to gear up for the holiday season:
- On Monday, November 23 Tony Allen will take 15 students from Timilty Middle School grocery shopping and teach them about budgeting their money. Each student will receive $100 to purchase a Thanksgiving meal for their family at Whole Foods in Boston, where Allen will help them select food and keep track of their choices with a budget sheet. All of the students come from families in need and were chosen for their academic achievements.
- As part of his Ray of Hope Foundation, Ray Allen will provide 275 families with Thanksgiving meals on Tuesday, November 24 at the Shelburne Community Center in Roxbury. These families were pre-selected by the Boston Center for Youth and Families. The non-cooked meals will include a turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes, salad, green beans, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, and beverages. Costco Wholesale, Vitamin Water, and American Express will also help serve the meals.
- The Celtics Women’s Group will continue collecting new shoes, boots, and socks for Cradles to Crayons on Wednesday, November 25 prior to the Celtics home game against the 76ers. Collection areas will be set up at the main turnstiles of the TD Garden from 5:00pm – 7:30pm.
- During the Friday, November 27 game against the Raptors, the Celtics and Simon Malls will present the “Take a Shot” promotion. Fans can win prizes ranging from Celtics tickets to $700 in Simon Boston Celtics Giftcards. Click here for locations to enter and additional “Take a Shot” promotional dates during the season.
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/20
- NBA Draft Combine observations
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...