|Tony Allen could return vs. Sixers||11.24.09 at 4:35 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Tony Allen might finally be given the go-ahead to make his 2009-10 debut.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said following Tuesday’s practice that Allen, a 27-year-old defensive specialist, might finally have enough confidence in his healed left ankle that he can play at full game speed.
“I think he’s very close, as close that he may play [Wednesday],” Rivers said. ”But I don’t know the answer yet. Wait till [Wednesday] and see how he feels.
“Tony looked good today,” Rivers said. “I think with him, it’s going to be a confidence thing. [Monday], I didn’t think he looked good. Today, I thought he looked terrific. He was exploding to the basket.”
The Celtics could use his athleticism off the bench to match that of the young 76ers, pressuring their backcourt of Lou Williams and Andre Iguodala. Tony Allen played in just one preseason game, playing eight minutes against the Knicks on Oct. 9. He missed both shots from the floor and was held scoreless.
- In honor of Gino Time!
- What would next year's Celtics look like?
- Celtics and Clippers still talking, still unable to agree upon a deal...
- DeAndre Jordan scouting report via Clips Nation
- Rumor: Celtics and Clippers back to negotiating Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/17
- How about a three way trade? Sorting out the Celtics, Clippers stalemate