Fast Break: Celtics vs. Raptors
|11.27.09 at 9:54 pm ET|
BOSTON — The first half was close. The second was anything but. The Celtics broke out in the third quarter to run away with a 116-103 victory over the Raptors on Friday night at the TD Garden.
Player of the game: Rasheed Wallace broke out of his offensive slump to give the Celtics a 15-point boost off the bench. He shot 6-for-11 from the field and 3-for-6 from three-point range. In his previous five games he had shot 11-for-41 from the floor (26.8%) and 4-for-25 from behind the arc (16.0%).
Turning point: Down 61-57 early in the third quarter, the Celtics went on a 13-0 run during a five-and-a-half-minute stretch to take a nine-point lead. Rajon Rondo began the streak with a steal and a fastbreak dunk. Paul Pierce drew an offensive foul on Hedo Turkoglu, then tied the game up with a driving layin. Ray Allen converted on a three-point play to break the tie. After Rondo was blocked by Andrea Bargnani on an attempted fastbreak, Kendrick Perkins eventually connected on a dunk from Kevin Garnett. Pierce hit a pair of free throws before Garnett nailed a jumpshot. The Raptors snapped the run with a free throw by Amir Johnson.
– The Celtics scored a season-high 68 points in the paint. Their previous best had been 60 points against the Suns on November 6.
– With this win the Celtics improved to 2-3 on Fridays. They had not won on a Friday since beating the Bulls on October 30, the third game of the season.
– Celtics are now 5-2 in games in which they score more than 50 points in the first half.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...