|Ray Allen misses practice to be with ill son||11.28.09 at 1:55 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Ray Allen is spending time with his ill son and may not be available for Sunday night’s game in Miami in the opener of the team’s four-game road trip. Allen was not at Celtics practice on Saturday.
Walker Allen was diagnosed with diabetes during the 2008 NBA Finals and Allen spent the night with him on Friday night after getting word after the game that he was not feeling well.
“There really is no update,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said following practice. “It’s more his son. He’s [caring for] Walker, obviously. That’s why he’s not around.”
Rivers then was asked if he’d be available for Sunday in Miami.
“We don’t know yet,” Rivers said.
The team left for Miami following their Saturday practice at the Sports Authority complex in Waltham.
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000
- Terrence Williams arrested on gun charges
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...