Ray Allen rejoins team
|11.28.09 at 3:11 pm ET|
WALTHAM — After spending time with his ill son on Friday night at a local hospital, Ray Allen re-joined the Celtics for their plane trip to Miami and should be available for Sunday night’s game in Miami in the opener of the team’s four-game road trip, according to the team.
Allen was not at Celtics practice on Saturday. Walker Allen, 2, was diagnosed with diabetes during the 2008 NBA Finals and Allen spent the night with him on Friday night after getting word after the game that he was not feeling well.
“There really is no update,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after Saturday’s practice. “It’s more his son. He’s [caring for] Walker, obviously. That’s why he’s not around.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?