Ray Allen rejoins team
|11.28.09 at 3:11 pm ET|
WALTHAM – After spending time with his ill son on Friday night at a local hospital, Ray Allen re-joined the Celtics for their plane trip to Miami and should be available for Sunday night’s game in Miami in the opener of the team’s four-game road trip, according to the team.
Allen was not at Celtics practice on Saturday. Walker Allen, 2, was diagnosed with diabetes during the 2008 NBA Finals and Allen spent the night with him on Friday night after getting word after the game that he was not feeling well.
“There really is no update,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after Saturday’s practice. “It’s more his son. He’s [caring for] Walker, obviously. That’s why he’s not around.”
- If This Is The End For Brandon Bass...
- NBA trade rumors - Celtics may be winning Asik sweepstakes by default
- Celtics fall in a hard-fought contest, 107-106
- Boston Celtics Video: Courtney Lee On Trade Rumors: 'I've Become A Pro At...
- Woj: deal for Asik could include Bass, Lee, and a 1st round pick
- Celtics continue home stand with a visit from the Pistons
- NBA trade rumor: Wednesday morning updates on Asik rumors