Wallace to appeal fine
|11.29.09 at 9:29 pm ET|
Rasheed Wallace will appeal his $30,000 fine for criticizing officials, he told reporters following Sunday’s game against the Heat.
“Oh I’m definitely going to appeal that. What did I say wrong?” he said before cutting himself off.
The NBA issued the fine after Wallace expressed his disagreement with several calls following Friday’s game against the Raptors, including the whistle against him for fouling Hedo Turkoglu. Wallace believed Turkoglu flopped and did not mix words.
“They gotta know that he’s a damn flopper,” he said on Friday. “That’s all Turkododo do. Flopping shouldn’t get you nowhere. He acts like I shot him.”
He went on to defend Paul Pierce’s dunk over Chris Bosh, after which Pierce was issued a technical for taunting.
“This game is watered down, watered down with all that flopping [crap],” Wallace said. “They’re setting rules on us to the point where you’re taunting if you dunk on somebody. Paul dunked it and then he didn’t say nothing but it’s a tech … Let the Golden Child do that or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it’s all fine and dandy.”
- State of the Celtics: how a hypothetical trade with the Knicks turned...
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston