Wallace to appeal fine
|11.29.09 at 9:29 pm ET|
Rasheed Wallace will appeal his $30,000 fine for criticizing officials, he told reporters following Sunday’s game against the Heat.
‘Oh I’m definitely going to appeal that. What did I say wrong?” he said before cutting himself off.
The NBA issued the fine after Wallace expressed his disagreement with several calls following Friday’s game against the Raptors, including the whistle against him for fouling Hedo Turkoglu. Wallace believed Turkoglu flopped and did not mix words.
‘They gotta know that he’s a damn flopper,’ he said on Friday. ‘That’s all Turkododo do. Flopping shouldn’t get you nowhere. He acts like I shot him.’
He went on to defend Paul Pierce’s dunk over Chris Bosh, after which Pierce was issued a technical for taunting.
‘This game is watered down, watered down with all that flopping [crap],’ Wallace said. ‘They’re setting rules on us to the point where you’re taunting if you dunk on somebody. Paul dunked it and then he didn’t say nothing but it’s a tech … Let the Golden Child do that or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it’s all fine and dandy.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...