Davis: ‘I’ll be back soon’
|12.08.09 at 8:03 pm ET|
BOSTON – Glen Davis doesn’t know exactly when he’ll return from a hand injury, other than it’s soon.
“Soon, soon, soon,” he called out in the locker room before the Celtics-Bucks game.
Davis broke his right hand before the start of the season and was recently fitted for a new cast. He is focused on strengthening the ligament and will have the cast removed once the bone is healed.
He hasn’t been able to do much with his shooting hand — “It feels weird a little bit. I haven’t used it in a while,” he said — but predicts he could hit three out of five shots with his left hand after using it so much.
As for the rest of his body, he has been staying conditioned by running and avoiding fatty foods during the holidays.
“Everything’s fine man,” he said. “I’m just coming back as soon as possible, soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...