C’s trying to get the point of rebounding
|12.09.09 at 12:02 am ET|
Celtics coach Doc Rivers knows his team, even in the midst of an eight-game winning streak, can’t go on rebounding like they are if they are to have any chance of hanging an 18th banner from the rafters.
On Tuesday night, the Celtics went on a very late 7-0 run to pull away from the Milwaukee Bucks, 98-89, for their eighth straight and a very gaudy 17-4 record.
What’s not so gaudy are their rebounding numbers.
They were outrebounded 44-35 by a younger, quicker Milwaukee team, including 14-5 on the offensive glass. The Celtics entered the game 29th in the NBA, or next-to-last, in rebounding. They are dead last in offensive rebounding.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?