Daniels has surgery on left thumb
|12.09.09 at 10:42 am ET|
Marquis Daniels could miss up to two months following surgery this morning at New England Baptist Hospital to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb. The procedure was performed by Celtics Team Physician, Dr. Brian McKeon and Dr. Drew Terrono.
Daniels has appeared in 19 games for the Celtics averaging 5.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game
Daniels confirmed the surgery on Wednesday and expressed his appreciation for support on his twitter account.
“Thanx 4 everyones prayers my surgery went well, I’ll be back better than before I had been, I’d like to say thanks to all dat prayed 4me,” Daniels tweeted.
Head coach Doc Rivers said Tuesday that Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine are expected to pick up the minutes for Daniels, who was second off the bench behind Rasheed Wallace. Daniels posted a season-high 10 points against Utah on Nov. 11.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason