Allen scores 20,000th career point
|12.10.09 at 10:04 pm ET|
‘Twenty-thousand, to me, is a wondrous accomplishment,” Allen said on Tuesday prior to the Celtics-Bucks game. “I think for the most part it’s all about longevity and staying healthy, taking care of my body, being on some good teams. But you think about all the great assists that lead to a lot of those baskets, so it does allow me to reflect on the guys that I played with, the coaches that allowed me to make the game easier, just understanding the game.’
Allen boasts a career average of 20.8 points per game (44.8 percent FG), 12th among active players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?