|Allen scores 20,000th career point||12.10.09 at 10:04 pm ET|
Ray Allen scored his 20,000th career point in the third quarter against the Wizards. Allen ranks 33rd in career points all-time and fifth among current players behind Kevin Garnett (21,601).
“Twenty-thousand, to me, is a wondrous accomplishment,” Allen said on Tuesday prior to the Celtics-Bucks game. “I think for the most part it’s all about longevity and staying healthy, taking care of my body, being on some good teams. But you think about all the great assists that lead to a lot of those baskets, so it does allow me to reflect on the guys that I played with, the coaches that allowed me to make the game easier, just understanding the game.”
Allen boasts a career average of 20.8 points per game (44.8 percent FG), 12th among active players.
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot