Former Celtic Green to play in Russia
|12.13.09 at 10:48 pm ET|
Green, who turns 24 next month, most recently played with the Mavericks last season. He was also a member of the Celtics, Timberwolves, and Rockets in four NBA seasons. Green is best known for winning the 2007 Slam Dunk Contest, although he had been trying to shake the reputation of just being a dunker.
“I just really wanted to stay focused on basketball,” he told WEEI.com last season. “I didn’t want the misconception that everybody thinks I’m just trying to dunk. Dunking is fun. That’s not my skill. So that’s one thing I was trying to do, just stay focused on basketball and not really worry about it.”
Green averaged 7.5 points and 2.0 rebounds per game in 181 NBA contests.
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...