Report: Hudson to be send to NBDL
|12.14.09 at 10:21 pm ET|
Celtics rookie Lester Hudson will be assigned to the Maine Red Claws (NBA Development League) in the near future, according to the Boston Herald.
“He’s on a very good team where it’s very difficult to get minutes, but that hasn’t sidetracked his work,” Doc Rivers told the Herald prior to the Celtics-Grizzlies game. “We’re going to send him down pretty soon to the NBDL for a week or so to get him some games, because I don’t like our young guys going these long stretches without playing games. And then we’re going to bring him back. I think that will help him.”
Hudson, who was selected with the 58th pick in the 2009 Draft, has played a total of 49 minutes in 13 games this season. He has been working out with assistant coach and former point guard Tyronn Lue. Hudson has also put in extra time with Rajon Rondo after practice to improve his defense.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics