Allen to host Giving Tree event
|12.17.09 at 5:20 pm ET|
On Saturday, December 19 Ray Allen will be participating in a Giving Tree event at the Natick Collection.
Beginning at 10am, shoppers may select an ornament from the tree, located in the Infinity Pool Court. Each ornament includes the wish list of a child from the Boys and Girls Club of Boston’s Jordan Club in Chelsea and the Boston Centers for Youth and Families.
Allen will sign autographs for Giving Tree shoppers from 4pm to 6pm to show his appreciation of their generosity.
‘Not only am I trying to give back, I’m encouraging people to give back,’ Allen said. ‘And people are doing it, it’s not like it’s for me, but it’s a way to help. We’ve all been that child that hasn’t gotten what we wanted for Christmas. So if we can try to step into the community and try to find kids and try to make their wishes come true, the giving part is the best part of the holidays. I like to be on that end of it.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason