Allen to host Giving Tree event
|12.17.09 at 5:20 pm ET|
On Saturday, December 19 Ray Allen will be participating in a Giving Tree event at the Natick Collection.
Beginning at 10am, shoppers may select an ornament from the tree, located in the Infinity Pool Court. Each ornament includes the wish list of a child from the Boys and Girls Club of Boston’s Jordan Club in Chelsea and the Boston Centers for Youth and Families.
Allen will sign autographs for Giving Tree shoppers from 4pm to 6pm to show his appreciation of their generosity.
‘Not only am I trying to give back, I’m encouraging people to give back,’ Allen said. ‘And people are doing it, it’s not like it’s for me, but it’s a way to help. We’ve all been that child that hasn’t gotten what we wanted for Christmas. So if we can try to step into the community and try to find kids and try to make their wishes come true, the giving part is the best part of the holidays. I like to be on that end of it.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...