WEEI Contest Winner Hits $50K Shot
|12.19.09 at 2:12 am ET|
BOSTON – He never practiced the shot but it looked effortless when it went in.
On Friday night, WEEI Miller Lite 50 Grand Shootout contest winner Chris Miller drained a halfcourt shot worth $50,000 during the Celtics-76ers game.
‘Going into it I wasn’t that nervous only because there was absolutely no chance of making that shot normally,’ he said at halftime. ‘But you know what? It wasn’t even that weird because I thought there was no chance of making it. So when I did make it, it was very cool.’
The Quincy resident earned his opportunity after wining a series of shootout contests over the last four weeks. The final competition was held just prior to the Celtics game at the Harp. Hours later Miller donned a Kevin Garnett jersey and hit nothing but net.
‘I had a lot of people tell me how to do this,’ he explained. ‘All I was thinking about was getting my routine, so I didn’t change anything up, and making sure it’s long enough. It wasn’t quite as long as I wanted, I wanted it off the backboard, but it was just long enough and it was great.’
Miller plans to put the money toward a down payment on a home.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...