Allen to play with injured finger
|12.20.09 at 5:44 pm ET|
BOSTON – Ray Allen will play tonight against the Timberwolves with a hyperextended right ring finger.
“I think we all have a finger or two that’s probably pointing in another direction,” he said prior to the game. “It’s just an occupational hazard.”
Allen injured his finger during practice on Saturday playing defense against Tony Allen. He considered taping it for gametime but decided against it. He would be more aware of the injury that way.
Even though Allen acknowledged that his finger is sore and he could aggravate it during the game, he pointed out “Once I start playing, nothing bothers me.”
Allen stuck to his gameday routine even with a bothersome finger. Aware of the snowstorm, he left his house at 1:45pm to get to the Garden with plenty of time for his pregame shooting. Allen did, however, have one regret.
“The mistake I made was I didn’t get those little poles to stick in my grass because [the snow plower's] all over the grass. He’s killing my grass,” he said with a laugh. “When April roles around I’m going to look at my grass and there’s going to look like some moles or some hedgehogs are climbing out of my grass. Just tore my yard up.”
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9