Daniels Abbreviated Travel Schedule
|12.22.09 at 7:07 pm ET|
Daniels, who is recovering from a torn ligament in his left thumb, will join the Cs for Friday’s game against the Magic. The trip is significant for the Orlando native because his family will be in the arena. He is also hosting a community event there.
‘I’m very happy to go home and get the chance to see my mom,’ he said prior to the Celtics-Pacers game. ‘My little brother’s home from college. My oldest brother will be there. My kids and my wife will be down there so it’ll be a good time.’
Daniels will receive final confirmation from the team on Wednesday but not anticipate he will travel with the Celtics for their three-game roadtrip, which kicks off Sunday in Los Angeles against the Clippers. He plans to return to Boston to continue his rehab. Daniels has been focusing on cardio and leg exercises. He has also been lifting free weights with his right hand.
Daniels is scheduled to be re-evaluated on January 8.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?