Daniels Abbreviated Travel Schedule
|12.22.09 at 7:07 pm ET|
BOSTON – Marquis Daniels will travel with the Celtics to Orlando tomorrow but does not expect to join the team for their West Coast road trip.
Daniels, who is recovering from a torn ligament in his left thumb, will join the Cs for Friday’s game against the Magic. The trip is significant for the Orlando native because his family will be in the arena. He is also hosting a community event there.
“I’m very happy to go home and get the chance to see my mom,” he said prior to the Celtics-Pacers game. “My little brother’s home from college. My oldest brother will be there. My kids and my wife will be down there so it’ll be a good time.”
Daniels will receive final confirmation from the team on Wednesday but not anticipate he will travel with the Celtics for their three-game roadtrip, which kicks off Sunday in Los Angeles against the Clippers. He plans to return to Boston to continue his rehab. Daniels has been focusing on cardio and leg exercises. He has also been lifting free weights with his right hand.
Daniels is scheduled to be re-evaluated on January 8.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning