Pierce out two weeks
|12.23.09 at 4:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce is expected to miss the next two weeks following an arthroscopic procedure Wednesday on his right knee to clean a knee infection at New England Baptist Hospital this morning, the Celtics announced in a press release.
Celtics Team Physician Dr. Brian McKeon performed the procedure, which was termed “arthroscopic irrigation.” There was no reported structural damage to the knee and Pierce is expected to make a full recovery.
The 6’7” forward, has played in every game this season for the Celtics and is averaging a team-high 18.2 points.
He is currently shooting a career-high 47.3% from three-point land and is ranked fifth in the NBA. The Kansas product netted a season-high 33 points against the Knicks on November 22.
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11