Pierce out two weeks
|12.23.09 at 4:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce is expected to miss the next two weeks following an arthroscopic procedure Wednesday on his right knee to clean a knee infection at New England Baptist Hospital this morning, the Celtics announced in a press release.
Celtics Team Physician Dr. Brian McKeon performed the procedure, which was termed “arthroscopic irrigation.” There was no reported structural damage to the knee and Pierce is expected to make a full recovery.
The 6’7’ forward, has played in every game this season for the Celtics and is averaging a team-high 18.2 points.
He is currently shooting a career-high 47.3% from three-point land and is ranked fifth in the NBA. The Kansas product netted a season-high 33 points against the Knicks on November 22.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason