Pierce out two weeks
|12.23.09 at 4:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce is expected to miss the next two weeks following an arthroscopic procedure Wednesday on his right knee to clean a knee infection at New England Baptist Hospital this morning, the Celtics announced in a press release.
Celtics Team Physician Dr. Brian McKeon performed the procedure, which was termed “arthroscopic irrigation.” There was no reported structural damage to the knee and Pierce is expected to make a full recovery.
The 6’7’ forward, has played in every game this season for the Celtics and is averaging a team-high 18.2 points.
He is currently shooting a career-high 47.3% from three-point land and is ranked fifth in the NBA. The Kansas product netted a season-high 33 points against the Knicks on November 22.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?