Fast Break: Celtics Clipped At Buzzer
|12.28.09 at 12:21 am ET|
The Celtics took their league-leading road record to Los Angeles and had it snapped by the Clippers, 92-90, on Sunday.
Player of the Game: Baron Davis iced the victory for the Clippers. Down 90-87, he drove the lane late in the fourth quarter to find Rasual Butler open behind the arc for a game-tying trey. Davis fouled Rondo on the following possession, but after Rondo missed the chance to put Boston ahead, Davis drained the game-winning jumper. He led all players with 24 points (7-11 FG, 9-9 FT).
Turning Point: Tied at 90 apiece, Rondo drew a foul on Davis with 1.5 seconds left to go. Rondo, who is shooting less then 54 percent from the line this season, missed both. Davis responded to his foul by knocking down the game-winning jumper over Rondo as time expired.
– The Celtics shot 1-for-12 from long range (8.3 percent). Rasheed Wallace was 0-for-6.
– The Celtics were outrebounded, 14-8, in the first quarter but bounced back to outrebound the Clippers, 11-5, in the second. Boston posted a 37-33 advantage on the boards for the game.
– Tony Allen posted 10 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
– Kevin Garnett started the game 0-for-5, including a missed alley-oop. He went on to finish 5-of-13 from the floor.
– The Celtics fell to 4-1 on Sundays.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?