Perkins, House have the flu
|01.05.10 at 2:56 pm ET|
As of Tuesday afternoon Rivers said that Perkins might be able to make the team’s flight to Miami where the Celtics will play the Heat Wednesday night. House will almost certainly not make it.
“They’re home in bed,” Rivers said. “They’re both sick. Perk has the flu. Eddie has the flu. Right now it sounds like Perk is going to be able to get on the flight and I don’t think Eddie’s going to make the trip. This year especially the league has really impressed upon us that if a guy has a fever he has to stay away from the team. I agree with it, but that’s what we have to do. Perk’s feeling better. They’re not sure if its food poisoning or the flu, whereas with Eddie there’s no doubt that it’s the flu.”
When the curtain rose the Green Team (which constitutes the starters) was Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Brian Scalabrine and Rasheed Wallace. That doesn’t necessarily mean that those five would be the starters but it might be an indication of the way Rivers is leaning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?