The Celtics  overcame a double-digit deficit in the fourth quarter to beat the Heat, 112-106, in dramatic fashion on the road in overtime. This game wasn’t pretty — the Celtics committed 24 turnovers while the Heat attempted 98 shots — but the C’s fended off 44 points from Dwayne Wade to get the win.
Player of the Game: Kudos to Paul Pierce  for perfectly executing the game-tying alley-oop to Rajon Rondo , but this award goes to the recipient of the pass. Not only did Rondo send the Celtics into overtime, he led them in the final five minutes. Rondo finished with a team-high 25 points.
Turning Point: After Wade hit a pair of game-tying free throws, the Celtics had an opportunity to hit the game-winner with 5.5 seconds left. Wade stole the ball from Ray Allen  at halfcourt and slammed the go-ahead bucket to put the Heat up, 101-99, with 0.6 seconds to go. The Celtics responded with one of the best plays of the season ‘ an inbound alley-oop from Pierce to Rondo as time expired to force overtime.
– Pierce posted 17 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists in his return from a knee infection.
– The Celtics committed 24 turnovers to just 11 by the Heat.
– Free throws were a huge deciding factor in this game. The Celtics shot 33-for-41; the Heat shot 20-for-27.
– Rasheed Wallace  played a stretch in the fourth quarter with five fouls. He eventually fouled out fighting for a rebounds with Udonis Haslem , and the Celtics bench quickly stepped in front of him on the sidelines to prevent him from arguing the call.
– After getting his first NBA start last weekend, J.R. Giddens did not play on Wednesday.