Doc: KG ‘another 10 days’ away
|01.11.10 at 7:11 pm ET|
Rivers had indicated around New Year’s Day that Garnett would be ready by the second week in January before revising his timetable a few days later after Garnett was unable to train with the injury.
“I’m hoping in the next 10 days, that area,” Rivers said. “Now, I actually am pretty sure it is in the next 10 days or so. He got to start working out today for the first time.
Now it’s just a conditioning thing. We want to make sure he gets strong and back in shape because he literally hasn’t done anything. We figure 10 days to two weeks, that’s what it’ll take. I think more like 10 days for him because trying to hold him down for those extra four will be very difficult.”
Garnett has been out since Dec. 22 with soreness in his right knee. Since then, Rivers said, Garnett has not been able to do anything more than shooting during practice.
“He literally has not done a thing and for him that’s a minor miracle for him, probably, but it’s been great for him and he feels good,” Rivers said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...