|Doc: KG ‘another 10 days’ away||01.11.10 at 7:11 pm ET|
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Kevin Garnett began working out on Monday and expects him to be out another 10 days as he rehabs and strengthens his sore right knee.
Rivers had indicated around New Year’s Day that Garnett would be ready by the second week in January before revising his timetable a few days later after Garnett was unable to train with the injury.
“I’m hoping in the next 10 days, that area,” Rivers said. “Now, I actually am pretty sure it is in the next 10 days or so. He got to start working out today for the first time.
Now it’s just a conditioning thing. We want to make sure he gets strong and back in shape because he literally hasn’t done anything. We figure 10 days to two weeks, that’s what it’ll take. I think more like 10 days for him because trying to hold him down for those extra four will be very difficult.”
Garnett has been out since Dec. 22 with soreness in his right knee. Since then, Rivers said, Garnett has not been able to do anything more than shooting during practice.
“He literally has not done a thing and for him that’s a minor miracle for him, probably, but it’s been great for him and he feels good,” Rivers said.
- Lawyer interview about Terrence Willaims case
- Mock draft watch: Who the experts say the Boston Celtics will pick in the...
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Mason Plumlee
- NBA Draft Lottery: Cleveland Cavs get top pick, Washington Wizards move...
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support