Davis wishes for superhero power
|01.14.10 at 8:39 pm ET|
BOSTON — Here’s something for “Heroes” fans to ponder: If Glen Davis could pick one character to be, who would he choose?
The answer is a petite blonde cheerleader.
OK, OK, hear him out.
“I wish I was a ‘Hero.’ I wish I was Claire,” he said as he looked at his bandaged right hand. “Claire heals so she can never die. She just heals.”
That’s all Davis has been trying to do since breaking his right thumb in October. Last night he banged it during the game against the Nets, and today he had to repeatedly ice it to keep the swelling down.
“Bone healed nicely, that’s what the doctor said,” he said. “So hopefully it won’t break.”
Davis will continue to play through the pain. He already has made up his mind to do so.
“In the words of Danny Ainge, back in those days, this ain’t nothing,” he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...