Davis wishes for superhero power
|01.14.10 at 8:39 pm ET|
BOSTON — Here’s something for “Heroes” fans to ponder: If Glen Davis could pick one character to be, who would he choose?
The answer is a petite blonde cheerleader.
OK, OK, hear him out.
“I wish I was a ‘Hero.’ I wish I was Claire,” he said as he looked at his bandaged right hand. “Claire heals so she can never die. She just heals.”
That’s all Davis has been trying to do since breaking his right thumb in October. Last night he banged it during the game against the Nets, and today he had to repeatedly ice it to keep the swelling down.
“Bone healed nicely, that’s what the doctor said,” he said. “So hopefully it won’t break.”
Davis will continue to play through the pain. He already has made up his mind to do so.
“In the words of Danny Ainge, back in those days, this ain’t nothing,” he said.
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses