Doc’s encouraging report on Sheed, KG
|01.14.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he is ‘hopeful’ that Rasheed Wallace can return from a sore left forefoot next Monday when the team hosts Dallas at TD Garden. Entering Thursday’s game with Chicago, Wallace had missed the last two games and was able to work out before the game.
Meanwhile, Rivers said there’s an ‘outside chance’ Kevin Garnett could return on Jan. 22 against Portland. Garnett has been out since Dec. 22 with a hyperextended right knee.
Rivers reiterated that guard Marquis Daniels won’t be ready until after the All-Star break following surgery on his left thumb.
Glen Davis played Thursday night with a minor injury of his own as he banged his thumb in Wednesday’s blowout win over New Jersey. The thumb was swollen following the game but he treated it and was cleared to play in the game against the Bulls.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries