Pierce bangs his knee
|01.17.10 at 5:15 pm ET|
The injury, according to head coach Doc Rivers, didn’t appear serious. But it was enough to force him out of the final moments of practice.
“It’s starting to feel better, I hope he’s fine,” Rivers said following the session. Pierce was spotted at the end of practice with ice on his right knee – the same one that forced Pierce to the sidelines for five games around the holidays with an infection.
“He got kneed [in] same exact spot,” Rivers said. “It’s just amazing the luck right now with things like that.”
The team held a full practice on Sunday after his team held a short workout on Saturday that included a skills competition.
The scary moment at the end of the practice comes as the team prepares to welcome back Rasheed Wallace to action in time for Monday’s game against Dallas at TD Garden. Kevin Garnett is hopeful to return on Friday against Portland.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...