- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Fast Break: Celtics vs. Mavericks
Posted By Jessica Camerato On January 18, 2010 @ 10:38 pm In General | 1 Comment
BOSTON — What started off as a duel between Paul Pierce  and Jason Kidd  ended as a one-man show starring Dirk Nowitzki . The Celtics  crumbled in the second half as the Mavericks went on tear to erase a nine-point halftime deficit and win, 99-90, in Boston.
Player of the Game: Dirk Nowitzki had an impressive first half with 13 points. Then he came out of halftime and crushed the Celtics to carry the Mavs to victory. He was nearly flawless in a critical third quarter in which he shot 6-for-7 from the field for 13 points. Nowitzki continued the assault in the fourth, scoring another eight points to finish with a game-high 37 (14-for-22 FG).
Turning point: Whatever Rick Carlisle  said at halftime worked for the Mavericks. Led by Nowitzki, they dominated the third quarter. The Mavs erased the Celtics’ 50-41 halftime lead to go up 75-68 by the end of the third. Aiding Nowtizki was Erick Dampier, who scored his first 11 of the game in those 12 minutes. The Celtics gave up a season-high 34 points in the third and lost all control of the game.
- Paul Pierce and Jason Kidd combined for 19 points in the first quarter. But they both went scoreless in the second quarter (neither attempted a field goal). Pierce finished with 24 points (9-for-17 FG) while Kidd posted 13 (5-for-7) and 17 assists.
- Kendrick Perkins  showed a poise and maturity tonight by staying out of foul trouble. He picked up his first personal nine minutes into the game and didn’t get whistled again until six minutes left in the third quarter. Perkins finished the game with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- Rasheed Wallace  posted 11 points (5-for-13 FG) and three rebounds in 35 minutes in his first game back since being sidelined with a sore left forefoot.
- The Celtics are now 4-9 when trailing after three quarters.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/01/18/fast-break-celtics-vs-mavericks/
URLs in this post:
 Paul Pierce: http://media.weei.com/basketball/paul-pierce.htm
 Jason Kidd: http://media.weei.com/basketball/jason-kidd.htm
 Dirk Nowitzki: http://media.weei.com/basketball/dirk-nowitzki.htm
 Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Rick Carlisle: http://media.weei.com/basketball/rick-carlisle.htm
 Kendrick Perkins: http://media.weei.com/basketball/kendrick-perkins.htm
 Rasheed Wallace: http://media.weei.com/basketball/rasheed-wallace.htm
 > Fast Break: Celtics vs. Mavericks" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/01/18/fast-break-celtics-vs-mavericks/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.