Report: Marbury to play in China
|01.18.10 at 10:05 am ET|
Marbury has agreed to play for Shanxi Club of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA), the team announced on their website (via Reuters). He will arrive in Shanxi next week.
While no financial terms were disclosed, Marbury reportedly did not request a blockbuster deal because he wants to promote his Starbury line of shoes in China.
Marbury appeared in 23 games for the Celtics last season. He averaged 3.8 points and 3.3 assists.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?