|Fast Break: Celtics vs. Pistons||01.20.10 at 10:32 pm ET|
Forty-eight minutes — that’s all Doc Rivers asked for. But after getting out to a hot start against the Pistons, the Celtics slipped up in the second quarter and continued their collapse in the second half. They failed to put together a complete game and fell 92-86 to the Pistons on Wednesday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
Player of the game: Rodney Stuckey led all players in scoring (27 points) and rebounding (11 boards). The feisty guard, who is listed at 6-foot-5, grabbed seven more rebounds than Kendrick Perkins, five more than Paul Pierce and four more than Rasheed Wallace. While his scoring burned the Celtics, his aggressiveness on the boards gave the Pistons a critical 45-35 advantage.
Turning point: While the Celtics lost control of the game in the third quarter (outscored 21-13), their problems began in the second. The C’s blew a nine-point first-quarter lead and were outscored 27-26 heading into halftime. Pierce, who had the hot hand early on, scored just two points during the stretch. The Pistons reclaimed momentum and carried it into the second half to get the win.
- Rasheed Wallace received a rowdy ovation from Pistons fans. He scored 16 points (5-13 FG, 2-5 3PG, 5-6 FT) on his first trip back to Detroit as a Celtic.
- Ray Allen scored just 8 points (3-10 FG, 0-4 3PG) in the loss. While Allen did contain Richard Hamilton on defense (4-11 FG), his lack of offense was detrimental to the C’s.
- Glen Davis received attention from Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte after Rajon Rondo elbowed him in the mouth on a drive to the basket. Davis immediately returned to the court.
- The Celtics have lost four of their last five games and are currently on a three-game losing streak. They will look to right themselves on Friday night against the Trail Blazers in Boston, when Kevin Garnett is expected to return to the court.
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18