Davis Fined $25,000 by NBA
|01.21.10 at 5:08 pm ET|
The NBA fined Glen Davis $25,000 for “directing inappropriate language toward a fan,” Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations, announced on Thursday.
Davis was heckled by a fan and responded with obscenities during the Celtics 92-86 loss to the Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Wednesday night.
On Thursday, Doc Rivers commented on the incident on WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan Show, saying: “Yeah, it is a big deal. … That stuff can’t happen. I always say, ‘To the victors go the spoils,’ if you know what I’m saying. If the other team is winning and the fans are on you, that’s part of it. We’ve been taught you have to take it and you have to keep playing. I don’t think it’s a huge step backwards, but it is a step backwards, and Glen Davis has to grow up.”
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...