Davis Fined $25,000 by NBA
|01.21.10 at 5:08 pm ET|
The NBA fined Glen Davis $25,000 for “directing inappropriate language toward a fan,” Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations, announced on Thursday.
Davis was heckled by a fan and responded with obscenities during the Celtics 92-86 loss to the Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Wednesday night.
On Thursday, Doc Rivers commented on the incident on WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan Show, saying: “Yeah, it is a big deal. … That stuff can’t happen. I always say, ‘To the victors go the spoils,’ if you know what I’m saying. If the other team is winning and the fans are on you, that’s part of it. We’ve been taught you have to take it and you have to keep playing. I don’t think it’s a huge step backwards, but it is a step backwards, and Glen Davis has to grow up.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason